Author Topic: 2014 06 01 - 06 07 A Crystal Week  (Read 1801 times)

Offline G : (

• OFOPOS Ambassador
  • OFOPOS

Offline Smitty

• Administrator
  • OFOPOS
  • Just another old fart that likes to ride.
Re: 2014 06 01 - 06 07 A Crystal Week
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »
Great pics!

Giving up riding is a tough decision only you can make but I think if you are going to do it, you should sell the bike and go buy that classic car you've always wanted. Splurge a little.
We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution. - Abe Lincoln

FLHTCUI05

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
Good pics G!! I guess most of us will have to give up riding one of these days. Maybe better to stick with 4 wheels for awhile and see how things go. Smitty's right.  Should buy that classic or street rod.

Offline Windweaver

• OFOPOS
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »
thanks Grumpy, great as always. WW

Offline Tsani

• Jack Daniels Rules!
  • OFOPOS
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »
More good pics there John. Been enjoying the sunrise and set ones on FaceBook too.
What Smitty said is a good idea I think. I don't quite under stand what is going on with your ribs, I take it they don't always heal after a major op like that? But what ever you decide, its your choice. Just don't forget we likes ya here. So don't be a stranger. Bike or no bike, your OFOPOS!
Native American by birth, Union by choice!
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier!
ᎠᏣᏪᏐᎸᏍᏙᏗ  ᎠᏔᎴᏒᎠᎹᏱ  John Trudell
ᎣᏓᎦᎲᎢ

Offline G : (

• OFOPOS Ambassador
  • OFOPOS
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:44 AM »
Tsani, first, it's Bruce.  Johns is my last name.   :emwink:

It's just a tad complicated.  When I had the bypass surgery, I developed 2 infections.  Back in the hospital, their first decision was to remove the wire holding my ribcage together.  A day or so later, they opened me up again, scraped the bone to see if it was infected, it wasn't.  Now they didn't want to re-wire me because the infection could spread so they took the Pectoral muscle from the right side and flapped it over to the left side to hold me together.  Now, my Sternum is still split and the left side of my ribs sit a touch higher then the right side.  It moves in and out when I breathe.  The bones almost constantly rub together.  Sometimes a heavy pop, sometimes a Rice Crispies crunch.  Moving the bike in and out of parking spaces is a chore that can leave me breathless.  Even parking the truck does the same thing, but it won't fall over.

There's another problem, but I'll get into that another time.

G  : (

Offline Tsani

• Jack Daniels Rules!
  • OFOPOS
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »
Sorry Bruce, brain fart. No insult intended.
 All I can say is Dayum Man. They are putting ya thru the mill. I can certainly understand the the giving up the bike bit. Truly sorry that ya hurt so much. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I sorta know how you feel. Got bad knees from a long drop. They tend to just go out on me sometimes. As I said, I do hope you do heal up. Know its been a long time coming.
Native American by birth, Union by choice!
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier!
ᎠᏣᏪᏐᎸᏍᏙᏗ  ᎠᏔᎴᏒᎠᎹᏱ  John Trudell
ᎣᏓᎦᎲᎢ

Offline Deye76

• OFOPOS
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
Just now getting to them Grumpy, had out of town guests ride in last Sunday.

As usual enjoyed them much, 55 Chev pretty nice. No wonder you frequent that breakfast joint.  :emwink:
East Tn.
I don't have a bucket list, but I got a fuckit list a mile long

Offline mark61

• OFOPOS
  • Central Pa.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »
Thanks for the pictures! Those big block engines still give me a chubby---some days the women not so much.

As has been said-you will always be OFOPOS to me! I hope you stick around this place just wouldn't be the same without you!